From Days of Yore
- AGI: Artificial General Intelligence. An AI that has cognitive faculties comparable to that of a human or higher. Also known as “strong AI” (differentiating from more specialized “weak AI”). See also “seed AI.”
- AI: Artificial Intelligence. Generally used to refer to weak AIs; i.e., AIs that do not encompass (or in some cases, are completely outside of) the full range of human cognitive abilities. AIs differ from AGIs in that they are usually specialized and/or intentionally crippled/limited.
- Argonauts: A faction of techno-progressive scientists that promote responsible and ethical use of technology.
- Ego: The part of you that switches from body to body.
- Infomorph: A digital body.
- Mesh: The omnipresent wireless mesh data network. Also used as a verb (to mesh) and adjective (meshed or unmeshed).
- Morph: A physical body.
- Muse: Personal AI helper programs.
- Seed AI: An AGI that is capable of recursive self-improvement, allowing it to reach god-like levels of intelligence.